We are creating a new biometric identification platform which will transform fingerprints, eyes, and faces into digital IDs for secure, frictionless experiences at stores, airports, and venues across the country.
What will the person do
- Build a reference implementation of a facial recognition gallery management engine from the ground up and integrate that engine with an airline partner.
- Note: No facial recognition experience is needed because the engine will rely on an extant facial recognition API.
- Build a RESTful application with reliability and observability in mind.
- Serve as a technical resource to make architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations.
What we expect
- Someone who is passionate about technology and loves to stay on top of the latest trends in web development.
- Experience working with cutting edge tech stacks (Java 11, Docker, Kubernetes, REST, Vault).
- Adherence to best practices for testing and designing reusable code.
- 8+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience preferred.
- Willingness to build applications to be released into production mid-week with a zero-downtime-based deployment model.
- The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of a wide range of development concepts, including: software development methodologies; strong system knowledge of Linux environments; Amazon’s AWS.
- Customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
You don't have to meet all requirements to be able to apply. Apply if you think you are a good fit and we will take it from there.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on a project that impacts users around the globe.
- We will provide you with everything you need for work, such as a Macbook computer.
- Access to the amenities and events in Capital Factory - Austin’s premier startup incubator - including free fruit, snacks, and on-tap cold brew, kombucha, and beer
- 401k matching
- Work from home 2 days/week
- Full medical and dental benefits
- PTO for your birthday - celebrate your day in style!
We’re a team of passionate, highly‑skilled professionals changing the world for the better. In close partnership with our clients, we make meaningful products that empower social responsibility and positive change.
Over the last 12 years, our company accumulated successful experiences working for large companies and innovative startups. Our team of over 80 people includes Product Managers, UX and UI Designers, Developers, Solution Architects, and DevOps engineers.
Our collaborative, positive workplace culture places a premium on personal development, open communication and mutual respect. Because we’re committed to embracing and mastering new technologies, we never stop learning.
Take a look at the case studies to see some of the work we have done.