Our growing communications team needs a new teammate with strong English copywriting skills, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for teaching others to help manage our internal and external communications.
Hours are based on candidate availability, with an expected commitment of 10-20 hours/week, $10/hour. This is a remote position but applicants should live in the Austin area. The initial commitment will last 3 months, and may be extended into a longer internship or even full time position based on applicant fit.
What you will do
- Help our various teams, such as Marketing and Communications, People, and Operations with copy editing
- Create content for our internal (newsletters, corporate communications, etc) and external communication channels (social media, promotional materials, case studies, blog posts, etc)
- If workload permits, conduct internal workshops on specific English communication topics (communications with clients, writing emails, common grammar mistakes, etc)
- Assist the Communications team with ad-hoc projects that arise
What we expect
- Very strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-starter who can not only edit what they’re given, but also take the initiative to create new content that they think would help be interesting or helpful
- Willingness to research technical topics to better understand a project’s context
- Passion for helping others and transferring knowledge
- Experience with social media and digital platforms
- A current undergraduate or graduate student in Marketing, Communications, PR, or similar degree
Nice to have
- Experience in the IT/software industry
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of current technology trends
- Experience with creating written content in a commercial context
You don't have to meet all requirements to be able to apply. Apply if you think you are a good fit and we will take it from there.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on projects that impact users around the globe
- Everything you need for work, such as a MacBook computer
- Access to the amenities and events in Capital Factory - Austin’s premier startup incubator - including free fruit, snacks, and on-tap cold brew, kombucha, and beer
- 401k matching or student loan repayment assistance
- Work from home 2 days/week
- Full medical and dental benefits
- PTO for your birthday - celebrate your day in style!
- A culture which emphasizes employee growth through flexible professional goals, ongoing support for learning new technologies, mentorship, and internal knowledge sharing
We’re a team of passionate, highly‑skilled professionals changing the world for the better. In close partnership with our clients, we make meaningful products that empower social responsibility and positive change.
Over the last 12 years, our company has accumulated successful experiences working for large companies and innovative startups. Our team of over 100 people includes Product Managers, UX and UI Designers, Developers, Solution Architects, and DevOps engineers.
Our collaborative, positive workplace culture places a premium on personal development, open communication and mutual respect. Because we’re committed to embracing and mastering new technologies, we never stop learning.
Take a look at the case studies to see some of the work we have done.