Our growing SRE team needs a new teammate! We are looking for a service-oriented person, with programming experience in at least one language, strong communication skills, and enthusiasm for helping others. They will be an expert pertaining to application security and cloud security. This individual will collaborate with application development and SRE teams to help define & protect against threats to application and cloud infrastructure. This role will help ensure secure design, development and deployment of technologies according to leading practices and frameworks.
What you will do
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy
- Work with developers and technical architects to overhaul and develop a security framework for development and AWS cloud operations
- Provides guidance and sets standards for secure application development and cloud configurations
- Monitors, communicates and troubleshoots security risks/problems
- Develop / Maintain Documentation on operational, configuration, or other procedures; such as in SDLC
- Works closely with product and development teams to better define roadmap items and priorities as they relate to security
What we expect
- Over 4 years experience in contributing toward the architecture and design (architecture, reliability, and scaling) of new and existing systems
- 2+ years of experience implementing modern security frameworks and methodologies such as OWASP
- 2+ years production experience with AWS
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes, ECS or similar orchestration frameworks
- Experience with scripting tools/languages such as Python, PHP, Pearl and/or Ruby.
- Experience implementing and maintaining observability tools (e.g. DataDog, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Develop / Maintain Documentation on operational, configuration, or other procedures
Nice to have
- Experience working as a software engineer
- Familiarity understanding of software change management and software development processes
- Experience working in an English speaking environment
You don't have to meet all requirements to be able to apply.
Apply if you think you are a good fit and we will take it from there.
We’re a team of passionate, highly‑skilled professionals changing the world for the better. In close partnership with our clients, we make meaningful products that empower social responsibility and positive change.
Over the last 12 years, our software development company has accumulated successful experiences working for large companies and innovative startups. Our team of over 100 people includes Product Managers, UX and UI Designers, Developers, Solution Architects, and DevOps engineers.
Our collaborative, positive workplace culture places a premium on personal development, open communication and mutual respect. Because we’re committed to embracing and mastering new technologies, we never stop learning.
Take a look at the case studies to see some of the work we have done.